Tuesday, January 18, 2011

En route to school

The first email I got on my new U of G account was from a faculty member who had snapped a picture of a dumpster on campus. He, and those who replied, were angry, disgusted, and disappointed to find the dumpster virtually empty, but surrounded with a field of garbage. Apparently, people had the energy to drag their garbage to the dumpster but not to toss it skyward the four feet needed to clear its low end. He included a photo of the dumpster and the small mountain of waste beside it.

The email had been sent a few days before I got my account and work had already been done moving the trash into the bin. Unaware of his email I had walked by the dumpster several times and seen workers loading the trash.

A problem identified and a solution found.

On Sunday as I walked to my office, I first smelled, then saw the dumpster. I'd walked by it a dozen times already and hardly noted it, but suddenly I connected the offending dumpster of the email with my own en route dumpster.

Here, then, my dumpster, egrets, pied crows, and vultures. Apparently, it is not enough to fill the dumpster.



Don't forget you can click on images to enlarge them

1 comment:

Judy said...

That's an impressive sight. I wonder if the litterbugs were scared off by the vultures (or, possibly, carried off)