Sunday, March 10, 2013

Our Favorite Little School Grows

One of the Children of God Community School's longtime supporters from the US raised enough to build and furnish two new classrooms. Applause, Sean!

Cudjoe, Sule and Ozzie with the new desks. The school is now running 
six classrooms staffed entirely by volunteer teachers.
The school's landlord, Jack, is a carpenter as well as a school supporter: Jack donated his labor to the build. His assistant demonstrates how to use a saw backhand.
Jack's assistant bangs it out.
The reno crew (from L): Jack's helper, Jack, Sule, Cujoe, Francis, Ozzie.

3 comments:

vandy said...

That's a saw technique I'm not familiar with...
v

Anna-Marie Larsen said...

might 'splain why the dude is still the assistant...

Lorraine Bradley said...

I happened upon your blog while looking for the name of a pink flowering tree. I had picture taken in front of it recently when I visited the Legon Botanical Garden. I guess you are Canadian also. I just spent 4 months in Ghana with my new husband.